Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Were has the time gone

Sorry for the delay between posts, life has been busy, and of course back to the doctor again, now its hives in response to the medication, but everything appears to be ok.  


OK, some interesting things of note that have happened in the last week...and there really aren't that many...besides the hives.  Classes have been pretty much normal, we have started studying oral history in Research and Fieldwork and Fabrics in Culture and Collections.

Next week, I do my Intro to Museums presentation based on visitor experience.  I am still looking for a museum professional to interview in order to complete the assignment, but I guess there is still a week left.

Today, I set up my volunteership with the Farmer's Museum.  I am going to be working with the education departments, doing a financial analysis of their programs.   This will be a good way to keep my accounting and finance mind sharp.

Our class also started working on a feasibility study for the Oneonta World of Learning, a group of mothers who want to start a Children's Museum.  Surprise, surprise I am doing the financial/budget compiling and analysis for the group.

While I do not want to pigeon holed into Finance, it is a skill that can disappear without use, and I want to keep my accounting brain sharp, because I feel like its one of my best assets, so everything has been working out pretty well.

Sorry it took so long to write

No comments:

Post a Comment