Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Official CGP Hazing

I have decided that volunteering at the Harvest Festival is CGP's official hazing program.  Students don't find out that they will be forced to volunteer until the first week of classes.  I can understand why they have us "volunteer": it establishes good community relations and gets us more involved in what's going on, but at the same time, we are grad students with lots of work already, I wish it had been optional, i would have volunteered for one day, but probably not two.  Not to complain too much, but having been sick all weekend, sitting out in the rain today was not too much fun, and those oxen above charged me, which i guess is kinda funny.  I was sitting on the stone wall, watching the parade, and a few seconds after this picture was taken, they started running towards me and got within about two feet, which was right about when I jumped on top of the wall and the lady controlling them stepped in....talk about getting the heart beating.  Below are a few more pictures I took while sitting around. 
We were on security detail, making sure people didn't get run over by the horse and carriages...or....as I call it, sit on the stone wall and read
It was junior...something...H4? animal showing...this girl was with here sheep
Cool looking cow

got to love cows though...Cooperstown is a real country land

the wagon we were saving people from...starting to sprinkle at this point as well, the umbrella on the old wagon made me laugh

Another set of beautiful horses
  


No comments:

Post a Comment