Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

I went home for Labor Day weekend, so missed some of the excitement of Cooperstown  while I was gone.  Supposedly there was a fantastic craft fair this past weekend at the Clark Sports Center.  

Friday was an interesting day.  It was our last day of Research Week, so we started finding topics to write a research prospectus on.  I settled on learning more about the culture affects of standardized money and accounting in the United States.  We will see how that works out for me.  At about 3:00 in the afternoon, we then went and milked a cow at the Farmers' Museum.  I know, not a typical grad school activity.  I, of course, did not want to have anything to do with the cow, being a pure suburban girl, with the belief that cows are cool to look at, not touch.  Considering I went to UConn for an undergrad it is kind of weird that this was the first time I had milked a cow, since UConn has its own dairy.  Still, I decided I wouldn't be the only one not milking, and sat down and did it.  It was surprisingly a lot less disgusting than I thought i would be.  It was funny though when the cow started going to the bathroom and we were all running in different directions to try and get away.

The rest of the weekend was celebration of birthdays, and a night out at the Fireplace in Southington, which is by far my favorite bar/restaurant in town.  Fantastic place to go for pizza and the atmosphere is great.  It was a lot of fun seeing everyone back home, but come this morning, I hopped in my car and drove back to ny.

No comments:

Post a Comment